Music themed trivia to make sure you're always one step ahead of the enemy (yes your kids).
Which of the following definitions is why they are called the Staves?
1. In music a stave is the same as a staff, the 5 lines separated by 4 spaces, with the bass or treble clef and time signatures etc off to the side.
2. Charles Dickens calls the chapters of The Christmas Carol book staves as a stand alone story with its own mood.
3. To stave something off, meaning you’re preventing it from happening.
4. Staves are in the Bible as a group of people carrying out a specific task.
5. A stave is a bart of a bourbon barrel that is a narrow strip of wood that forms the sides and give it that rugged look
Answer? None of the above. Their last name is Stavely-Taylor and they just wanted to shorten it down.
Today’s track: Open by The Staves.
LINK TO PLAYLIST OF ALL ARTIST SONGS HERE